View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Drivers door sag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthander1930 View Post
Purdy,
How do you spring the door/hinge ? My door has a little play lifting up & down.

Thanks

Lefthander1930

If the door is sagging at the rear lower area I place a block of wood wrapped in a shop rag in the door jam , in the area of the lower hinge . When pushing the door too , (NOT enough for the door to latch ) springs the lower hinge back and raises the rear of the door . Care must be taken not to go too far or it gets more complicated . You will probably need to experiment with different thickness of the wood or whatever is placed at the front door jam in the area of the lower hinge . If the wood is too thin it won't do much of anything . There is no sliding adjustment for the doors , Springing the hinge is what I do . Springing the lower hinge backward raises the rear of the door . Shimming the cowl is sometimes the way to go . Removing shims at the front of the cowl raises the door at the rear . If removing shims at the front doesn't do the job , adding shims at the rear of the cowl will raise the rear of the door to remove sag . I loosen all body bolts nuts almost completely. I use a long Craftsman screwdriver under the body block to prize ihe body block upward for the necessary clearance to remove or replace the shims .I prefer prizing the body blocks up for clearance rather than raising the body .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote