View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
Dave in MN

Default Re: Best Rear Main Seal

From previous post: "would like to thank Dave in MN for the endorsement, but would like to know why dead-on concentric is needed."

You are welcome Terry for the endorsement.

I have used about 10 of your seals over the past 8 years. I have had the best results with your seals when I have the seal surface ground and polished at the same time/set-up as the main journals. This method allows for "dead-on concentric" and the best result. I did not have very good results (leaks after 500 to 800 miles) when the slinger was turned by a machinist in his lathe. (He was not "dead-on.)
I only use your seals if the radial surface is prepared by my crankshaft grinder.
I don't like chasing leaks!

From previous post: "MN is a much colder climate and temperature will have an effect on resiliency."

Terry, We don't drive our Model A's much during the winters in Minnesota and temperature has nothing to do with our resiliency. Anyone living in Minnesota and staying put during the winter is very resilient! So there!

Just bored...I know you were referring to the seal but since we don't drive during the winter, I took the liberty of intentionally misunderstanding your comment. What else do I have to do when there is snow on the ground, salt on the roads and my cars are stored?

Good Day Terry!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 12-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote