Thread: fuse fuse fuse
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: fuse fuse fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930 coupe View Post
I am looking at a original ammeter and I cannot find the fusible link. I see a thick heavy piece of brass. Are you saying the brass bar will melt before the wires, or am I missing something?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
someone needs to get their head examined if they would transport a car for 1500.00 to fix something like that.
Maybe to you, ...but we see vehicles shipped from all areas where the freight is as much as the repair bill. It is all about what is important to an owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
The only semi-serious electrical problem I've had in 53 years of Model Aing was due to a fuse block on the starter on a car I had recently bought. I was stuck about 5 miles from home. I removed the fuse block and threw it into a nearby dumpster, wired the car as it should have been wired, and drove home. I never found what blew the fuse, but I never had any trouble with the car after that, for over four years before I sold it. I've never run fuses on any kind on my cars. But I make certain they are all wired correctly and safely, and check regularly for possible shorted areas. Just my personal experience. Your mileage may vary. But I like 'em stock, and I run 'em as close to that as I can. (Except for the whitewalls on my coupe. But I bought the car like that, and the tread is good, and at almost $700 for new rubber I'll run these till Nellie comes home. Then I'll get some blackwalls!)
And evidence of yet another one!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote