View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
wrndln

Default Re: trunk/rumble lid rain gutters

I am pretty sure all the screws are slotted #10 i.e. 10-32, about 1/2" long. The oval head screws on the sides, when installed, are just slightly higher than flathead screws and look better. I tried to use a repro panel under the trunk lid, thinking I could never find an original panel and a repro inner panel used for a car that has a trunk. Neither one fit with a damn. I ended up buying original panels from Bert's in Denver and they fit like a glove. However they need a fair amount of TLC to make nice. Then I had all original sheetmetal - panels over and under the lid and an original lid. I found you can't beat original Ford made parts. If I were you, after the installing oval head screws and if the lid still hits the sides, use a hydraulic jack with some angle iron pieces to prevent damage to the rain gutter and spread the sides a little. Luckily my coupe had minimal damage to the T strips on the quarterpanels compared to the other damage in the trunk area, so I didn't have much of a problem with the T strips.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote