View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #756
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

British Humour.

We have a internet gigglebite allocation of grossly more than we need and because our television reception is poor the little we watch is through the internet. I say little because we find mostTV insulting to our intelligence. We do watch conciderable youtube and you all will be aware of the selection of programs and information that is available. Informative and/or entertaining or both.
I’m a sucker for English sitcoms. Their humour is much more subtle than in your face American sitcoms. The English really do it best. However good American movies can’t be beaten. Driving Miss Daisy and to Kill a mocking bird are my favourites.
The English have some beautiful classic car designs but complex and difficult systems. Americans have simple systems. So you American readers should not think I love everything British. It’s courses for horses.

It is my opinion the very best sitcom is “the last of the summer wine”. It ran from 1973 to 2010 and was seen in 25 countries including America and Canada. Watched by the Royal Family and other world dignitaries. It was of elderly folk who spent much time playing youthful mischievous pranks. Played by well known actors and actresses. Trouble was many of their lives ended before the show ended it’s 38 year run. We got to know these characters well and thought of them as our friends. You can get it on the internet. It will take 2 or 3 episodes to settle into and you will find their speech accent quite odd if you are American or Canadian.
The above was written by Roy Clarke who wrote many popular sitcoms. Perhaps the most popular was “keeping up appearances”. The star was Mrs. Bucket who insisted her name was Boo-Kay or however a Frenchman would pronounce it.
The very best comedian in the world (I reckon) is Pam Ayres. You can get her on youtube and I have the links below. Subtle and very humourous. The speech accent alone is funny.

Pam Ayres. A short funny on the following link-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l2ARBn4vNc
Pam Ayres, more than an hour of funnies. “word perfect”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiSWrwBHtQ

Do watch them, betcha you enjoy them. Pictured below are Pam Ayres, Gregory Peck and Morgan Freeman, the latter 2 you will know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pam ayres.JPG (23.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg gregory peck.JPG (33.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg morgan freeman.JPG (39.3 KB, 2 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 10-12-2019 at 03:39 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote