Thread: value of car
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #14
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: value of car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railcarmover View Post
The bottom is falling out of restored model As faster than you can find it.Thats a nice car,should pull 16k..
Not quite sure about the 'bottom falling out' a well done Model A or any other antique car is still holding it's own.

This is not a place to 'invest' money it is a hobby. Buy what YOU like, have fun with it, if it goes up in value that is OK if it drops in value who cares? You have to satisfy yourself. I have learned that lesson over the last couple years fighting a deadly disease. Nobody is promised tomorrow. I mean nobody.

And, if you want to lose $$ on an automobile, IF that is your goal, the best and fastest way is to go out and buy a brand new Cadillac. The biggest money loser out there. That $65K Caddy you bought this morning MIGHT bring $20K in about four years. If you are lucky. I've seen this at auction time and time again. So, that Model A you spent $20,000 on four years ago, the one you had a ton of fun with, sells for $17,000 next week, who cares??----------see where this is going? Buy the antique car, drive a used Ford Fusion ( very nice car for not a lot of cash) bank the money you saved vs. that new Cadillac, and voila you be a happy camper.

And, if you want a good return on a new vehicle, the Ford F-Series trucks and the Ford Mustang especially the GT and GT convertible, have the highest resale values of any car in America. They don't depreciate like most other vehicles. Even the Japanese love them but their Gov-mint restricts them from coming into the country by way of a $33,000 import tax. Free Trade. That is another story unto itself.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote