View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 09:02 AM   #1089
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Folks,
I have a question about the glass in the passengers side door. Here is a couple pictures: How can I tell if it is plate glass or safety glass? It has some chips around the side edges which would be in the felt areas.

I can not see any safety glass markings exposed:

If you folks can help me determine it from these pictures, my options are, if safety glass put it back in the truck. If not then take the metal off clean it up and get a new piece of glass installed. I can take this to the glass shop and have them look at it. Just means more trips into the big city. If it is not safety glass I would have it replaced also as David G had recommended earlier too.

other door items:
This is the bottom window support bracket where the rubber stop is missing. I have some new ones for model A but these 32 brackets seem to need a longer maybe slightly bigger bumper?? Down in the details on windows.

Window regulator arm poking its head out after disconnect from window bottom guide:

Old window felts

These were pretty much shot. They have mechanical clips riveted on top and bottom that hold them in place. I am considering just getting a good 3M adhesive and installing the new felts into the cleaned up channels:

I did try one of the new 32 inch long felts from Snyder's and I liked the fit and look. Also will glue on the upper soft closure on the removable top plate. These small improvements should help tighten up the truck from air and reduce noise and improve safety.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote