View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Eccentric Old Guy

Default Re: Difference between 28 and 29 pickup....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa's CCPU View Post
Using Neil's site as Tim listed above, there is a sub-section on mirrors, https://aafords.com/aa-body-types/mirrors/, check location of mirror mounting holes shown in your first picture. Those dimension will help you narrow down timeframe of at least your cabs design. Hard to tell from your pic, but it looks to be "d4" or "d5" location so you have and E29 to mid30 cab.

Is there any stamping on the sub-frame surround for floorboards near side by left foot or along back near right heal? These are the areas where the body assembly/production stampings have been found...

As these cabs were produced into mid-30, the gas tanks had the tabbed caps but looked like the 28/29 tanks...I have one...

-Mike
Howdy Mike......and thank you for responding.

Actually, the mirror is attached to the upper hinge pin, as shown in the photo there. My mount looks to be a little shorter in length than the one shown, though. This doesn't mean there wasn't holes for another original mirror mount, but if so, they've been filled in and repainted.

It does have the screw on gas tank and radiator caps.

Who knows how many previous owners this truck has had?.....and, how many modifications it's had over the years. It has a model B engine, with model A manual advance distributor and Zenith carburetor, and correct Model A cam cover with model A timing pin location in the right place.

I guess it's conceivable that the title was missing at some point, and a new title has been created, but my title does say it's a 1928. Maybe that's wrong? Now I'm more confused as ever as to exactly what I have!!!!!
Eccentric Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote