Thread: 8ba questions
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 8ba questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Hey V8VCOOPMAN - good point on the angle of the PCV valve . . . every one that I've ever seen needs to be vertical as that is how the little "shaker valve gizmo" needs the orientation to be - in order to work correctly.

Maybe I'll fab up a front breather tube to show the concept. I like your idea of running a tube to the front (welded up pipe) with the PCV mounted in the back (where you can service it more easily). Maybe some mods to the original fuel pump stand are in order - will think about that a bit and maybe mount the PCV inside the stand ???

I'm tellin' ya, this is all still in the "R&D" stage, and we promise....there will be a full-blown expose with full explanation and more-importantly, part numbers that we have painfully developed into a comprehensive, finished package of sorts, so that anyone could go out to purchase a few known parts, and be able to throw this all together and have it done with. There has been a lot of trial and error here to hopefully make this a clean, functional and fully-serviceable sub system that does not require the removal of the whole intake to service or change your valve. Except for one short piece of polished copper tubing (similar to the carburetor plumbing), there should be no ugly hints of this valve's existence, and it's vertical mounting is a far better solution than many we have seen mounted horizontally UNDER the manifold. For B&S's (and everyone else) consideration, I'm posting one more 'teaser' picture of the IDEA for plumbing into the modified, front breather tube. This picture only shows a preliminary mock-up. The final hook-up at this point is quite simple, yet bullet proof. Stand-by for more! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is online now   Reply With Quote