Tinker

Default Re: LEDs why

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-9 View Post
Yes truck running turn signal off flicker
Turn signal on it works as designed no flicker on opp bulb
Shut truck off no flicker
Truck off turn signal on works as designed

I'll agree with lurker. sounds like a ground.

As the vehicle runs it shakes a bit, anything from frame/fender/stands/lights are offset. Easy way to rule this out is with a frame/body to taillight temporary wire. (granted if the frame is grounded, good idea). The grounds have to make it all the way back to the rear of the car/truck through the body as designed. Fender welts/paint/rusty bolts don't help much. The negative (power) circuit in this case, is wired directly.

LEDs use far less amps. Changed my whole house out with them. *** there is LED's that are not designed for fader (rheostat) light switches and flicker as mentioned under low voltage.... But puts me back to a bad ground/full voltage available.

Maybe not factory but I like to run grounds from the body to frame then engine. A jumper wire to the rear lights off the frame. Easily unbolted, no holes added.

"I have 6 volt LED tail lights (one light has 72 bulbs it’s a whole unit) At dusk tonight had the car idling outside. I noticed both taillights were lightly flickering. Doesn’t appear to be all the led bulbs but definitely some on both sides of car. Turned rt directional on and it worked as it should and left flickering went out. Did same on other side and same result. Turned headlights on and both taillights were on. Turned everything off including ignition and tail lights were dead/dark.

Why would led taillights have a light flicker’when not called for?"

Blinkers work as a condenser (a bit) and send more volts in a jolt. Me thinks.

Last edited by Tinker; 09-26-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote