View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Bill Stipe

Default Re: Vendors that post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
For this example, let's just lump me in as a "vendor" for this little topic. I am NOT for it, and personally choose to refrain from solicitation here simply because I feel this forum is more for hobbyist-to-hobbyist interaction. I, ...like several others here, are hobbyists too and own/drive our Model-As on tour. That is why we are here. Therefore we are participating here as a hobbyist first but with the experience of a professional. Not all vendors own a Model-A (restored or otherwise).

Why I feel this becomes a slippery slope is when a site becomes full of business ads from vendors promoting their product, to me it is much like the annoying computer pop-up ads we all despise. How do you regulate who is posting too many promotional ads? Does it become a competition amongst vendors for post content?
Brent, I hope I didn't step out of bounds with my post on Lever shocks, I only want to let everyone know that this will be the end of them unless by some miracle I can make them by myself once I retire (and I hope very soon).

I want to work on my own cars and project before I become to old and crippled to do that.

Last edited by Bill Stipe; 07-23-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Bill Stipe is offline   Reply With Quote