View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #13
dutch deuce

Default Re: Ford flathead V8 i.d. please type ☆B18F☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Do the Dutch authorities register vehicles on engine numbers only? Have you called ahead and got an idea of what they're interested in seeing?

I'd try to register it as a 1932 Ford. I'd play dumb about the number on the engine, which is not customary for most production here in the states) and focus on the number on the frame (you haven't mentioned much about that).

If I were really concerned I might find a way to obscure the number you showed us in your post. Nobody at the registration department really should care if you're lucky.

Bring documentation (a published book) that the numbers typical of these cars are on the frame and the transmission but don't use it unless needed? Maybe even bring the transmission you have out of the car just in case you have to whip it out, again playing dumb about the number on the engine.
Registration in Holland is by the chassisnumber. The engine will be accepted, but nowadays they also register how much cc's and how much HP the engine has on paper (which I have to prove) Most flathead Ford V8's I know but the B18F combination is kind of odd.
dutch deuce is offline   Reply With Quote