Thread: petehoovie???
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
tubman

Default Re: petehoovie???

It seems to me that a lot of you guys don't understand what's going on here. These forums are for automotive enthusiasts to be able to get together and discuss problems, ideas, and general information about the Marques involved. To allow any deviation from this destroys the intent of the forum, and if allowed to continue, would allow the forum to descend in to utter chaos. Ryan, the owner of a couple of these forums, realized this early on, and has developed what seems to me to be a "no tolerance" policy about completely "off-topic" postings. This is especially true when politics is involved. This particular subject, in this day and age, can quickly get out of control, and completely move the forum from it's intended purpose. When the subject of politics comes up, a couple of things happen. The corrupted thread is deleted, and the offending poster is "BANNED", at least temporarily. Since the offending thread has been deleted, any evidence of the inappropriate actions are no longer available to the general members and this kind of confusion reigns.

I have been on these forums for a long time, and was initially like a lot of you guys and did not understand what was going on. After a lot of years and many posts, I have come to believe that the boards policy is 100% correct and effective.

I expect that this thread may be closed or deleted, but it seems to me that a bunch of you out there need a bit of education.
tubman is online now   Reply With Quote