View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #19
nospartsman
BANNED

Default Re: Window regulator mechanisms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
Free is as cheap as it gets; very decent of you Nospartsman. Assuming I have this assembled correctly, (39PU), {I never laid eyes on one before 2 months ago and have never seen it assembled}, the roller appears to carry no weight. It looks to me that the stud simply skids along inside the track and the roller keeps it under spring tension so it does not fall out. So if Vanspeed's can be cleaned of rust sufficient for the stud and roller to be installed on the track, it ought to work. Given the corrosion on the spring, (and roller), replacement would not be a waste in my opinion, especially if they are free. A fine wire spring cannot afford to lose much cross section to corrosion.
That arm doesn't look installed correctly, the roller should be inside of the track of the window channel. The arm and roller are slid in on one end of the channel, then the other arm is slid in from the other end. When installed properly you can't pull the arms away from the channel. If I am interpreting your photo correctly.
nospartsman is offline   Reply With Quote