View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
SofaKing

Default Re: Window regulator mechanisms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanspeed View Post
Just checked his web site and all he sells are NOS regulators. I really want to keep these, the price of 35-7 pickup regulators is pretty pricey. I know the easy way is to replace but I want to fix these. Has anybody repaired theirs?
I had bent/ twisted arms, rollers, and window tracks, rust was not a major issue on the regulators. I have never tried molasses, but would be willing to were it not for having already bought evaporust. I bent everything back into shape and made sure the rollers were perpendicular to the arms and in the same plane so they stay in the tracks; they seem to work well, awaiting new glass right now but they worked with the broken panes fine.
To straighten the rollers I used a wrench, socket and hammer. The wrench is used as an anvil to straighten the roller edge.

Once you get the rollers free you may be able to wind new springs around them. The repair kits I saw had a roller axel that is held in with a nut rather than swaged. Seems like they would eventually come loose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4958.jpg (37.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4960.jpg (51.3 KB, 66 views)
SofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote