View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #7
Synchro909

Default Re: Serpentine belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shaft View Post
All I can say is its a slippery slope...first its a plastic fan and serpentine belt,then you put on a B carb,then a high compression head,then a weber carb with an FSI,an aries muffler and mitchell OD..convert to 12v..then thats not enough so you pop for a B block with a Serr head,juice brakes and an f100 steering box..then one day,in a moment of sobriety you look at the car and wonder where the model a went..
While I understand what you are saying here, Jack, I shake my head at those guys who build a hot rod with an auto transmission, Chev 350, Jag rear end, hydraulic brakes, independant suspension and modern steering, yet still call it a Model A. Ebay is full of them.
There is a rule here that says that to call a car any particular model, it must have 5 of the 7 major components that came with that model and the others period correct. he 7 components are:
  1. Chassis
  2. Engine
  3. Radiator
  4. Gear box
  5. front axle
  6. rear axle
  7. steering column
I find it interesting to note that the body is not included, yet parts of that is all some of these rods have from the Model A
As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy if someone is using their car with the modifications you mentioned rather than either cutting it up for a hot rod or leaving it rot in a shed.