View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
RKS.PA

Default Re: Flathead Engine Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmdv View Post
There is a thread about Flathead City and complaints about it. One person from Ohio and one from Alaska. Not really sure why folks think that they have to have their engine built by somebody that has a web site that states they know so much about flatheads. They have convinced some that only a flathead guru is capable

Am I missing something here. There has to be an engine machine shop in Ohio someplace where you can drive up, drop off an engine and have your work done. These things are not rocket science.

I agree with you on the web site etc. However when I moved to Tucson five years ago, I didn't know any flathead people and I wanted to add adjustable lifters as part of my 59AB rebuild. So, to find a machine shop with flathead experience, I joined the Regional Group here and asked around as to whom they used. Worked like a charm....found out that there needs to be some guys in the shop that look like me.....no hair and long in the tooth!!....but that have done a lot of flathead work in the past.

JMO
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)