Thread: Model A horns
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #36
wcolo

Default Re: Model A horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Tahtaras View Post
If you read the preface you will find anything distinguishable from original should receive a deduction. This has always been the case. The "Standards" does NOT describe the nuances of various reproduction parts.

I find it interesting how many folks believe they should receive the same score for an nice looking "off the shelf" part as the guy next to him with the real deal in perfect condition, whether it be a NOS part or a painstakingly restored part. If the judge can't tell the difference due to inexperience OR the car owner has successfully doctored the new part to match the the real deal then the reproduction piece will indeed receive the same score. In my opinion that is the way it should be. Oftenthe car ownerdoesn't know the difference or simply can't see it but that doesn't entitle him to a free ride.

If you have any of those NOS labels, I would certainly be interested. I did not know that labels were now part of the judging, but in Western Colorado, we drive our Model A's, since there are no clubs over here, only in Eastern Colorado. Is the Sparton label issue covered in the latest upgrades of the Judging Standards? If so, sound like I need that update, but then again if I cannot get NOS labels, what then??
Bennett Y.
wcolo is offline   Reply With Quote