View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 06:04 AM   #15
SofaKing

Default Re: PCV parts verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
SofaKing, Thanks for the pic & explanation. I realize that the pistons create the initial vacuum source, but I was thinking that having the fittings plumbed straight into the bottom of the plenum or chambers wouldn't have as much of a positive effect as the air rushing downward directly across the face of the fitting. Plus how much fuel and/or contaminates ie: carbon, dirt, ect. might end up falling into the lines possibly upon start up (choking to start), flooding, or upon shut down. Maybe it doesn't matter & gets sucked back out when the motor fires up. Anyway the setup that you have looks clean also. I do like the hidden pcv under the manifold though, and have been plotting to do similar on the motor that I am building hence the interest in this post. Thank you. Bill
Outlaw- If I understand you correctly you are suggesting a ram air effect? I don't know. I prefer to think of the tube as physical access from a high pressure area (lifter valley) to a low pressure area (manifold vacuum) that is switched open and closed by the PVC valve. So air is pushed into the manifold by atmospheric pressure rather than sucked into the manifold. Pushed or sucked its moving just the same. JSeery is correct about more dust being drawn into the engine by the greater air movement of the pvc over the road draft tube I think. I once saw a thread where someone used a lawn mower filter over the oil stand inlet scoop, wish I could find it now, it was nicely done. Please post pics when you finish and what valve you used if it mounts horizontally.
SofaKing is offline   Reply With Quote