View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #25
BrianCT

Default Re: Buying V-8 Fords Far From Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
"At the last minute I had to go 3 of our banks to get my hands on $20,000 it was a pain in the ass. And each time they asked what were my intentions....... It's my _____ money I want it."

"I could not imagine asking a customer such a thing if I worked at a bank. It seems very impolite and extremely intrusive. Unbelievable.

My answer to such a question: None of your business."

You guys need to do some work on Google ... try the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970.

The banks are doing exactly what the law requires them to do. They are YOUR laws by the way ... not bank policies.

Aside from addressing such issues as money laundering, local banks attempt to protect their depositors, especially the elderly, from scams.

(Also, you might notice that the long-time core contributors to this forum avoid vulgar language ... even lightly disguised, vulgar language. It's disrespectful to the guys who have been around the early V8 hobby and who have managed to express themselves very well without it.

There is an edit button if you care to use it now.)
Thank you Hoop. You are right about the language. It only lessens the value of the statement. Most of us are approaching the age that the scammers abuse, so the bank is trying to help us in that instance. Also, if you say you are buying an antique car the teller might just mention that they know of one for sale.