View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #19
77Birdman

Default Re: hidden radio ideas or just slighty out of sight. wood hide door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike657894 View Post
I want to put a radio in my A. Iam converted to 12v. I have thought of a box I make with a pair of 6x9's pioneer head unit and a handle to ride in the rear footwell that is removable. I was thinking maybe I could make a wood box to conceal the head unit and hang it off the dash lip with a support from the fire wall. I have a usb mp3 pioneer head unit in my modern that is slightly smaller and lighter as it doesn't have a cd player. I use a usb stick packed with classics. air play radio seems to only pay for so many songs and repeats are nonstop these days. And I lost all my good oldy stations in the last few years. I dont want to have to charge something so I want a mounted auto stereo.

looking for pictures or ideas on how I should go about mounting and hiding a radio.
This sounds like a bit of work to make a 'boom box'. If youre thinking of an all in one unit that can be portable. Just get a ready made player. If you can find a place to install some speakers inconspicuously you may want to look into the 'secret audio' devices that are out there. They are a bit pricey though compared to what you posted.
77Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote