View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #748
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Today's story is more of a local one but I have decided to include it. I have also included a short and funny conversation I recently had at a public event with Greg McNamara.

Gary. Greg is that Rob McLeod?
Greg with some surprise and curiosity in his voice. "Yeah.?"

Gary . He’s aged Greg.
Greg. You don’t have a mirror in your house Gary?

Berrigan show today.

Today was show day at Berrigan. A small town of 1200 in southern NSW, one of 4 towns in the Berrigan Shire. The smallest town of the four and one subject to put down because growth hasn’t kept up with the other 3. It is more of a farm and rural community where as the other 3 which are tending to become urban towns. Berrigan is the best community of them all. Patsy and I exhibited Woofa express here today in the antique car display. The biggest display was many competition horses. I’ve never seen so many at one location before. I never liked horses because I was compelled to ride one when I was a kid and I desperately wanted a bicycle. I wouldn’t care if they were all canned and labelled “fido”.

The show was much smaller this year. Subjected to drought and now 2 years of nil irrigation water, farmers are simply out of money and it’s not going to improve in a hurry. Why is there no irrigation water? The government in their stupidity have sent it all to South Australia for recreation. Urban political pull is much greater than farmers who are treated with political insignificance. It seems like food production is no longer important.

Patsy and I always agree small is best and that is Berrigan. We often talk of moving there. It’s probably unlikely because it’s difficult to uproot and shift in older age when you are established where you currently live. But we like Berrigan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snipped woofa express.jpg (20.6 KB, 9 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote