View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #58
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Model A prices...going which way?

One quick last story on the 'stealerships' ( I like that)

Several years after I left the Ford garage I worked at, the manager and a local BIG Ford dealer did a car for car trade for a customer. This dealership was less than 20 miles away. The mgr. went on vacation.

When the other dealership brought their vehicle, the main salesman at the place I worked for (and he was good, very honest everyone loved him he had been at this Ford garage for many years) didn't know the details of the deal. When he asked the other dealership 'how much' they lied and told him it was $XXXXX ($500 over what the deal was for). When the Mgr. came back from vacation and found out she went ballistic screaming at the guy. It wasn't his fault, the big Ford dealership was a lying sack of doo doo. He got mad and quit on the spot. They lost a LOT of sales over that. People came from a great distance to deal with Dave they appreciated his honesty. Those customers quit coming in.

The big dealership is still around the small one gave back their franchise after 60 years, Ford wanted them to spend 2 million dollars remodeling and rebuilding. The owner was retirement age so he just quit the business and retired.

And no there is no way I would ever deal with that other dealership. We drive 45 miles to a small town Ford dealer where they treat you right. I wave at the big dealership as I drive past them.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote