View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #51
tommymdot

Default Re: Dearborn 2018 Concourse Photos

I could not have done it without my friends. It took three days for us to get the roadster out of the way, get the 3 window down, and clear a path to the street. Good friends are the best part of this hobby! To answer some of the other questions, The engine in the car was not a '32 engine and it was stuck. I rebuilt an LB block and did not paint it so it would match the rest of the car. The gears in the transmission were broken, so I transferred the gear set from a good transmission to the original 3 window case so all the numbers would still match. I completely rewired the car, installed a stainless exhaust, and rebuilt the brakes. I slit the old exhaust pipe and wrapped it around the new stainless pipe so the exhaust system looks old and crusty. I also left some of the old wires hanging to make it appear that the old wires were still in use. I could not get any coil to run longer than 10 miles, so I always carried a couple of spares to get me home. Thankfully, I finally sent two coils to Skip in Florida and I can run forever now!
The last photo shows the car at the Old Car Festival at Green Field Village in Dearborn. I had just gotten the car running and drove it there on the same tires that were on it in 1957 with no problems. It took two coils to get me there, and two coils to get home. We had a great time!
Thanks for your interest. I have debated whether or not to restore this car - I guess I'll leave it as it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg address.jpg (62.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (80.4 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 32a 023.jpg (61.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg gfv.jpg (75.2 KB, 416 views)
tommymdot is offline   Reply With Quote