Thread: End of the road
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #24
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: End of the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhoff View Post
Hi Dennis, i happen to be in a comparable situation. My wif has a Waldenstrom cancer as well as a serious liver degeneration. Meaning her speach and behaviour are changing. I take care of her as an almost fulltime job. What stays is the feeling of being alone, even before she dyes !
Still, i learned you have to have something positive to cling to. I am finishing my model A, be it just an hour a day. Bought another vintage moped to restore ... Be it just an hour a day ... While she is sleeping.
Don't know what else to say. Feel very sorry for you, but do NOT forget yourself ! Fulfill your needs as much as possible.
I am sure a Barner will show up willing to put your model A in a garage close to your home ...
This is good advice. A person often needs 'something' to keep themselves grounded in trying times. Just an hour of 'escape' at a time can help keep a person from losing their minds.
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote