View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #37
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Steering dampener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider58 View Post
Yesterday I installed the steering stabilizer from Snyder’s. Instructions could be better, but not terrible.

Test flight was GREAT! Added steering resistance is slight and I could only feel it when the front was off the ground. Much less work to drive since you are not constantly fighting the bump steer. The 40 - 45 typical speed is a pleasure, much more relaxed.

Took it to the freeway and before long was at 67mph on the GPS. Slowed to the 60 cruise and I must say the car is now good for a long drive.

Yes, this may be a bandaid for a worn suspension, but since I have no death wobble or pulling to one side and everything seems good...it is a much better solution for me than just replacing the entire suspension.

Your statement is a little confusing. If everything "seems good", -then why the need for the stabilizer to begin with? If "the entire suspension" is worn or even marginal enough in condition to need replacement, then why even taking the chance endangering your life, someone else's life, -or your vehicle's 'life' driving like that?

Most hobbyists would agree that to not be a danger in modern traffic with our Model-As we typically must push our vehicles to the upper limits of their design, ...and driving a vehicle that is borderline unsafe is not prudent NOR something I would be publicly bragging about. My response back is to please reconsider repairing your vehicle to a level of at least the minimum factory tolerances of each component where you do not knowingly put others at risk.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote