View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
felix37

Default Re: "Upgrades": How far would you go?

I believe the most radical of purists on this forum are the minority. I'm totally up for upgrades! people upgraded these cars as soon as they left the show room, accessories were made in 1903 as the first fords were rolling out the door, electric starters were after market accessories before they were factory standard equipment. ever since man was put on four wheels he has constantly upgraded performance,improved safety features and personalized his vehicles.
I also believe how you use your vehicle determines what is acceptable. I literally drive my car everyday, no mater what kind of weather! Every morning I have a 45 minute drive on the freeway and roll 75-80 mph with traffic thanks to my t-5 behind my basically stock 39' engine, I can dart in and out of traffic and stop on a dime thanks to my disc brakes,front and rear sway bars, dropped axle and gas shocks. people can see me with my LED tail lights and I can see great at night with my halogen headlights and 12 volt alt, and since I have two small children I run seat belts front and rear so I can properly mount there car seats. with all of these modifications most people don't know weather it is stock or not,except when I run my polished Torque thrust wheels and radials. The best part of all, is the smiles it puts on peoples faces and the thumbs up I get as I drive bye!
I believe tastefully done modifications will always be accepted by the majority of all car enthusiasts, except the most boring of people, the PURISTS! The museums will always have plenty pure cars collecting dust for reference.
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote