View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Retro Jim

Default Re: 53 Customline Value

As for a title , get the VIN numbers and find out who was the last owner in the family . Then you can get a dup / title if it was last registered to one of your family .
That is what I would do and then go from there .
Also depending on your state vehicle laws , some state can sell the older cars with just a bill of sale . Check the state laws on that on your computer . If a bill of sale , that will make things a lot easier !

As for evilbay , don't go by them for what something might sell for . The best time to sell is in the early spring but not now !
I sell Ford parts at the huge Ford Carsile show here in Pa every year .
You will do better parting the car out and scraping the pest IF you have the time to take all the parts you can off the car , clean them , prime them and then do some swap meets and sell them . C/L is always a good way to sell parts . Hemmings is a good place too to sell good usable parts .
Ecven the rear is worth something when someone needs one to restore their 53 to original condition !
Doors if all there and not rusted at the bottom may get $175 to $225 . Higher price if the window glass is good and all the guts are with the door .
All the trim is there and is good to sell .
Fenders even is rusted at the bottom will get $100 to $150 . Remember if someone needs one that has a missing fender or one that is dented to badly , they will be happy to get one for $100+ .
Trunk lids $150 to $175 .
Just remember any part that you can remove from the car and clean up ,and prime is worth removing because someone need that part !
All the interior trim is always good to sell .
The brake and clutch swing peddles are good to sell and if you have the "Z" bar is worth a good bit too if you have one .
Looks like the grill is all there and if in OK shape can bring $300 for a good driver . Same with driver bumpers . At least $100 to $150 each .
What I am trying to say is take all the parts , clean them , prime with cheap primer to look nice and sell them . Your labor is cheap when cleaning the parts to resell !
I guess it really depends on how much time you have to clean the parts to resell .

Just a thought .
Jim
Retro Jim is offline   Reply With Quote