View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #8
39flyer

Default Re: 39 Tudo rear window removal

Well I finally installed my rear windows.I had other projects to get done first so didn’t get to this as soon as I would have liked.I also did a lot of searching on the how too of this and in the end it went fairly well mainly because of the advice of John Worden.His process on this post as well as below (12/5/2012) is what I followed and it worked fine for me.This was my first time installing windows.

I also ended up getting the windows done locally which I found out that a lot of glass companies are getting out of the auto glass business.After the fourth try I found a place in Appleton, WI, Tri City Glass who was more than happy to make them.I also had them install the tracks so the extra 40.00 was worth it.Next is the door glass which should go, hopefully as easy.

The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)
HELP..Quarter window regulater & glass install

john worden

Re: HELP..Quarter window regulater & glass install
The lift mechanism must be in perfect working order with the friction points lubricated. Bench test it before putting it in the car. Loosely mount the mechanism in the car. Crank the lift arms/rollers to the upmost position. This is where you introduce the rollers into the channels one at a time watching it through the hole just below the window sill. Start each roller while very slowly cranking the arms away from each other and down slightly. When both rollers are properly tracking in the channels continue cranking window down until you can observe through another small hole a few inches frontward of the first hole a threaded hole in the channel. Stop cranking now and screw in a screw that will prevent the roller from desengaging the channel. Once you are happy with the movement of the glass start tightening the mechanism mount screws. A helper standing outside the car holding the glass is a good idea. John