View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #35
bobH

Default Re: Dealing with the heirs on '32 parts ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowforty View Post
On the other hand we never consider what happens if the spouse dies first. My wife died 8 years ago. I had to get used to having NO Supervision, and there is actually some extra Cash around. That happens when there is only one person spending your money.
I have stuff I set down 7 years ago and no one has asked,"What is is?,Why is it there?,
OR when are you going to move it?. Lots of Dust around the house too. Only bought one more car, A 63 Buick Electra with Freezing Air conditioning. Girlfriend appreciates the AC.
Interestingly enough dating 50 years later is ok because i know most of the answers but forgot the questions.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but it brought up some thoughts.

This pretty much describes my situation... Wife of 55 years passed a few years ago. Wasn't supposed to happen that way. I planned my departure to be first. As noted, lots of dust around the house. And, NO supervision. Anyway, I'm bummed, and have sold almost all the cars. I'm ripe for a project to entertain myself. The parts... I've been mostly giving them away. I never had very much, and I don't like being the seller, whether it's swap meets, ebay, or craigslist. I've lived my life being a 'buy high, sell low' sort of guy. So, I'd rather donate parts to anyone who I feel gives them a good home. I still have a few parts that I feel have some value, and I'm hanging on to them (for that project that I need). I've told my kids.. Don't try to clean the house/garage/shop/property. Don't even look at it. Sell it as-is, where-is. And, don't worry about stuff going to scrap. I won't be back for it. I've told my V8 friends, come get what you want. (Only those friends that I have some faith in. Some would come, take stuff, only to try and sell it. I haven't invited any of these types.)
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote