View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
goodcar

Default Re: Bert's, Bratton's, Snyders... How about a "Burtz" enging page

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
That is fine. And to add a FWIW, Terry could have it set-up on his site and then appoint a volunteer moderator or administrator to handle the 'baby-sitting' to better manage his time.

My reasoning of why it should be hosted on his website is several-fold. To begin with, having it hosted on his own site becomes the 'Official' site of information. If there is random info on this site, VFForum, and multiple other locations on social media, there is always the likelihood of conflicting information that may, -or may not be factual. Now instead of Terry just needing to monitor/correct his own forum, he now has more locations than fingers on his one hand that he must monitor. If he doesn't have the time to monitor his own site, -then he definitely would not have the time to monitor multiple sites. Maybe your view is different in this??

It should also be worth noting that there seemingly is not any respect for only providing accurate or factual information on the internet any longer. I continually read posts on social media's Model-A pages that are blatantly incorrect, ...and these writers will continually argue even when substantiating documentation is presented that counters their posted information. For that reason alone, if I had a product that I felt my investment needed to be protected by only having factual information being distributed to a potential or existing customer, I definitely would not rely on any site other than a site that I had total control over. To my knowledge, the only site that Terry would have that type of control would be his own site.
I would like to agree but you simply can't control every situation that may arise, even with what you are suggesting. This would be like trying to control a herd a of cats. I think anyone contemplating putting one of Terry's engines together or rebuilding any other engine would do well to meticulously do his research to find the best rebuilder he can possibly find. Terry or no Terry, any issues that develop will ultimately end up getting resolved by the builder. Over time, if issues do arise there will discussions here and other places and at that time, I suspect Terry would address them. After all he has been through to get this far, I trust he will do whatever is right.
goodcar is offline   Reply With Quote