View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 09:05 AM   #15
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Bert's, Bratton's, Snyders... How about a "Burtz" enging page

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcar View Post
I don't necessarily agree with this. Terry probably has enough to do without what I could see becoming a full-time job babysitting a website. I think he would be overwhelmed. Just my opinion.
That is fine. And to add a FWIW, Terry could have it set-up on his site and then appoint a volunteer moderator or administrator to handle the 'baby-sitting' to better manage his time.

My reasoning of why it should be hosted on his website is several-fold. To begin with, having it hosted on his own site becomes the 'Official' site of information. If there is random info on this site, VFForum, and multiple other locations on social media, there is always the likelihood of conflicting information that may, -or may not be factual. Now instead of Terry just needing to monitor/correct his own forum, he now has more locations than fingers on his one hand that he must monitor. If he doesn't have the time to monitor his own site, -then he definitely would not have the time to monitor multiple sites. Maybe your view is different in this??

It should also be worth noting that there seemingly is not any respect for only providing accurate or factual information on the internet any longer. I continually read posts on social media's Model-A pages that are blatantly incorrect, ...and these writers will continually argue even when substantiating documentation is presented that counters their posted information. For that reason alone, if I had a product that I felt my investment needed to be protected by only having factual information being distributed to a potential or existing customer, I definitely would not rely on any site other than a site that I had total control over. To my knowledge, the only site that Terry would have that type of control would be his own site.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote