View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Aftermarket accessories from 20s 30s 40s 50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post
The Otwell Heater pictured by John LeVoy (above) is from 1929 onward. The earlier Otwell Health Heater of 1928 had a design flaw - it was straight across at the top, no dip in the middle. This earlier design did not allow for access to the distributor oiler, etc.

I agree with John, the Judging Standards have really 'killed' the interest in adding vintage accessories to the Model A. But, like John, I too have always had a great appreciation for 'period correct' authentic original accessories for cars of the 1920's and '30's.

While my basement is still full of all types of them, for application onto my own cars, I have a set of 21" Motor Wheel Corp. Artillery Wood Wheels for my '28 Phaeton. A set of 19" Kelsey-Hayes (bend spoke) wheels for my '31 Dlx Coupe. 1926 vintage Standard Safety Corp. turn signals for my '28 Phaeton, NOS Fulton Sun Visor for my Phaeton, NOS (from 1928) Step Plates on running boards, Dunn Aristocrat Dash Panels for both my '28 Phaeton and my '31 Coupe. Robe rail and Foot Rest for the rear passengers in my Phaeton, the Trunk and mounting rack on the rear of my '28 Phaeton is an original from Standard Safety Corporation; original Fulton Fu-maze on both cars.

Not installed are my original Fold-Down Windshield Stanchions for my Phaeton, Globe Winter-Fronts (one for '28 & one for '31) Radiator covers, Otwell Health Heaters for both cars. I have a bunch of other 'stuff' from the '20's and '30's but the list is just too long to recite. I'll stop here.
Heh Doug. Are you the Master of Procrastination? Why not get them installed and let the other people in the hobby see and enjoy what they don't have? Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote