View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
Modelabob

Default Re: This novice learns an important lesson

Just a little food for thought. When you buy a model A driver you might want to go throught the car and check things out. Just because thay say it's a "Great Driver" doesn't mean it's OK. I bought one a few weeks ago and noticed the steering was a little loose. When I got into it I found bolts loose, and parts missing from the tie-rod ends. This investigation grew to find the front cross member was not in the correct position so I re-positioned that. Rear main was leaking so I pulled the pan to find a balanced engine. I had to pull the engine to repair the rear main. Thrust was gone so I had to have a new cap poured. Just decided to go throught the hole car and redo what was needed. Wanted to re-pack all of the wheel bearings and found that the Rear Brakes were shot so I'm a brake man now. Fronts were new. Luckely I enjoy it so I am having fun and learning everything about the car. I like doing this so I know what I have when I am out driving it. A long explination just to say "CHECK IT OUT AND TIGHTEN EVERYTHING"! HAPPY & SAFE MODEL AING!
Modelabob is offline   Reply With Quote