Thread: Speedster Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #75
howie123

Default Re: Speedster Kit

The Ford logo was hand painted by the pinstriper. He did a beautiful job. I kept the choke and starter rods as close to original angle as I could determine. They run through the firewall with steel guide plates. The starter rod is just round stock threaded to screw into the starter switch with a wooden handle on top. With the firewall set back 3 inches, the starter rod enters behind the dash. I shortened a reproduction choke rod and made a longer sleeve using large diameter brake line. The GAV/choke rod also enters behind the dash. Operating the starter and choke at the same time is a stretch but I have long arms. I used a reproduction starter pedal as a gas pedal. I welded an extension to the stock throttle linkage and made a swivel for the pedal to screw into. I found all the final details to be the most enjoyable part of the project. This summer I added turn signals using a vintage turn signal unit and motorcycle signal lights mounted with custom made brackets. Thanks again for all the positive comments. Howie
howie123 is offline   Reply With Quote