Thread: Bring a Trailer
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #9
39portlander

Default Re: Bring a Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
I think that Model T, A and early V8 Ford car values are down. I see a lot of V8's for sale for some really ridiculous prices. I know this is an age old debated topic. Like what kind of oil should I use. The '31 Victoria in my avatar is a really nice car. If I really had to sell it I'd be hard pressed to get $18k for it, maybe $15k tops. I'm 39 years old. No one my age wants these cars. They don't care about anything that doesn't involve their cell phone or a ball. That is not going to change, ever. The reality is when I want to sell one of my early Fords, I'll have to find the rare person that is truly interested and give them a great deal. If my car goes to a person who has their heart into original early Fords and not a street rod, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice when needed.

Another thing to consider is traditional banks won't finance the purchase of these cars. They'll finance a total waste of money boat or some idiotic UTV side by side. But not a V8 Ford. In their eyes it's just an old junk car. I know people who spend all their money on shit like a boat or ATV's, save nothing, have no equity and can finance a RV. When I roll in with savings and liquidity out the ass they'll laugh at me and my V8's.
Seth your right about the model T and A, it has to be complete and running then you might break even. restoring these vehicle with shipping and our labor you will never get your money back. From what I see here in new england V8's are still holding there value. Wait a year or so it will go the other way.

Keep trying with the younger generation, getting them off there devices and involved into automotive early does pay off and sometimes being an AUTOMOTIVE mentor to a kid is very rewarding.

Locally for me antique auto loans are hard to come by and rates are better with a personal loan. I twice took a loan against my 2005 E150 to support the resurrection of my 39 P/U and buy my 26 Fordor, my credit union has been very helpful.

Boat, hole in the water to throw money into.

Last edited by 39portlander; 06-28-2019 at 07:11 PM.
39portlander is offline   Reply With Quote