Thread: Schwalms
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Terry, NJ

Default Schwalms

I am probably the only disappointed customer Schwalms ever had! They're good! Mostly, anyway! But not 100%! Here's the story; A few years ago, I took an engine out to Schwalms and it turned out the block was no good, New block, $495! OK. Costly, but you get what you pay for, Right? My flywheel, I had turned down, It just needed balancing, which they did. I had inserts put in the engine plus a lot of valve work. Anyway the engine cost over $5000! It ran great at first! But now with a total time of approximately 1 1/2 hours, it seized up last winter. I was so sick about it that I put the project on hold, It just sits there. Many people told me to call them. I had bought the engine quite a few years ago, although It had been run, I was sure they would say it's out of warranty and they have no responsibility for it. So just to hear their reasoning, I called Schwalms.... No Answer! So I left a message with my phone number, again no response! So I sort of understand, but why did the engine seize in the first place? This isn't my first rodeo, I've replaced engines before and never had anything like this occur. It just seemed to get tighter and tighter until it stopped completely and now it is solidly stuck and can't be budged with a 3/4 drive breaker bar with a three foot pipe. Just my experience with Schwalms!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote