View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #195
OLD...BILL

Default Re: Tell me this noise isn't what I'm afraid it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
Got the dip stick boss in so took it down to Paul and to check status.
He has delivered the engine to the machinist who checked it out and didn't find any glaring problems with anything as far as the block went. Cylinders were fine as well as pistons, etc. He's going to remove the cam shaft and valves and flush it all out then reinstall them. He's also going to machine the crank then check the fit of the rods and resize them if necessary. Then he'll order the bearings to make sure to get the right ones and fit.

In discussing the source of all of the metal in the oil pan with Paul, he showed me how all of the bearings were totally devoid of their top layer of silver metal on both sides which would account for all of the silver pieces in the oil pan. He also expressed his opinion again that the reason all of the bearings wore out was because the clearances of them were not right.

Knowing the difference between the 59A and 8BA cranks he didn't think there was any reason to change as long as the clearances on the 59A crank were right.

Hopefully it all gets just right this time and lasts much longer.

We'll see.
YES I hold the same hope ( it gets just right ) this time, too, I wish there was talk about " line boring and balance " I'am a big fan of both, especial in this case line boring of this engine, but ?? so be it. ..it will be just right "so now the PILOT BEARING" use the bronze oil lite, bearing this time, not the roller bearing type, and check it on the trans. front input shaft, for fit ?? .....OLD....BILL
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote