View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Craig Lewis

Default Re: I need quick help Please, Factory glass dimensions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The original NAGS (referred to by skip) only lists the block size for slant window cars.
Unfortunately block size is for cutting and billing info where it lists a square cornered piece required to make that window, taken up to the nearest even inch.
You may need to make templates from a thin rigid material such as door skin or similar thin paneling, then take a little extra time to install the patterns in your car as if they were glass to be sure they work well.
Leave these patterns with a glass shop you trust and they can order the correct tempered side windows and have the windshield cut from AS-1 laminated.
*For the record corrogated cardboard will "grow" over 1/8" per foot if taken from a dry climate to a moist climate...this has caused me issues in the past when ordering tempered.
Also it's not uncommon for glass to be cut inaccurately and in fact the tempering facility I order from in BC has "got it wrong" numerous times. The bonus of having a rigid pattern in hand, is you can immediately check their work before taking possession.
You might also consider cleaning the glass and checking for scratches before paying.
Craig Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote