View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
drolston

Default Re: Suggestions for mild cam & muiltple carb setup with Columbia rearend

I am running Offy 3x2 97's on progressive linkage on a 284" 59A/B. The key to trouble free operation of 3x2 anything is attention to detail in setting up the linkage. First, do not buy the cheap linkage; it flexes. Be sure the throttle shafts are not worn; air leaks there cause idle adjustment problems. Be sure there is no sticking of the throttle plates when coming off of full closed, or binding of the throttle shaft at any point. Important: set up the linkage with the carb tops off, so you can closely observe that both end carbs are completely and tightly closed when with no pull on the center throttle. Both end carbs need the driver side return/close spring. Fully close the idle adjust screws on the end carbs. Idle is completely controlled by the center carb.

I am very pleased with the street performance of the Schneider 248f cam. The low end torque is excellent, which is essential for drivability with the 3.25 rear end gears I am running to get Interstate speed without going to Columbia. Vacuum at idle is 15-16 psi, versus 17-18 for a stock cam. Should not be a problem
drolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)