View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 10:22 PM   #7
cas3

Default Re: 34 & 35 tacoma creme paint code.

thanks for the info Jim, another option for the next guy. i bought the Benz paint, and got the first wheel painted today. now i'll take the opportunity for some shameless bragging about my swell painting machine i made a few years ago. it was mainly made for doing ford wheels, but i have made a few attachments for other jobs as well. one, a bracket to hold a gas tank to rotate for a couple days with denatured alcohol to clean the varnish out. and, that bracket, like a shelf really, can have anything mounted on it with some ingenuity. headlight buckets for example, really any thing you want a nice finish on. the nice finish comes from the fact that its rotating at 5rpm. so, no skill required, you can thin it, and spray all the paint you want, and no runs, no drips, no errors. especially good for wire wheels which are hard to cover all areas. the bad news is its one wheel at a time, with a day in between to cure before i dismount and go on to the next. it seems that even the bugs here in the swamp dont like it because its moving. now i better quit, i know all you fellas are jealous, and may not sleep well tonight. some pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0724.JPG (92.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1218.jpg (58.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1219.jpg (64.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by cas3; 08-13-2020 at 10:26 PM. Reason: photos
cas3 is online now   Reply With Quote