View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #86
mrfliboy

Default You ever had one of those months??

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm sure you all have been on pins and needles awaiting any updates on the old truck. Well there's been a reason for this.

Since the end of May I have been fighting with alignment issues with all the front sheet-metal. Hours of online searching with no avail. BTW some great articles out here.

After actually trying to com-along the cab back to shift it all and countless hours of tweaking, unbolting, elongating holes etc. I decided to strip all the front metal off and re-bolt the cab back down, square the doors etc.

I went and got the hardware for a proper bolt down of the cab and made up some spacers to seat it all properly. After this was complete and my doors were operating better than new (probably). I decided to start with the hood gapping first. As I had done before.

It wasn't until I went to install the bottom radiator shield and grill that I realized my mistake from months ago. I never installed the springs between the frame rails and lower radiator shield, lowering the whole grill assembly down 3/4". As soon as I dropped it down all the pieces fell perfectly into place.

No elongated holes needed, a drift pin some bolts and it all went happily into place. 6 weeks of aggravation, sweat and some cussing gone.

Now I am finally able to continue patching the passenger fender and than onto the other side.

Very very happy with the alignment of everything now. Thanks for letting me rant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCM_0792.jpg (51.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg NCM_0788.jpg (56.7 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by mrfliboy; 08-02-2015 at 01:16 PM.
mrfliboy is offline   Reply With Quote