Thread: New block
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #340
Henry Floored

Default Re: New block

Hi fellas, I am kicking this thread back to the top to learn if there is a need to "name" this new block.

It's common knowledge that new products need to be marketed. We also have names for regular production Flathead Ford engines.

Names that are really just alpha numeric titles like 81A's and 59AB's and 8BA's. Then there is the "French" Flatty and the V8 60, etc.

I'm sure Tod has some idea what he wants to call his new block. If by chance though it's up for debate I'd like to submit my opinion.

I firmly believe that the Flathead Ford is the "cornerstone" of hot rodding. I thing a very strong case can be made for that.

In light of that I think names like CORNERSTONE or KEYSTONE might be applicable and appropriate for a new product such as this.

In another direction I always thought "POWER KING" would be a great name to revisit again. Ford had that name in the early 50's.

So those are some of my ideas and as I stated before Tod probably has a good idea where he wants to go with this.

I think it would be fun to hear your ideas though. What would a new generation Flathead Ford be called in your mind.

Fire away if you like.
Henry Floored is offline   Reply With Quote