View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
gz

Default Re: How Many Model A's are left ?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I would guess that less than 10% of the Model A owners out there are a member of either national club. I bet if you took a poll of all of the Model A owners that currently have cars listed on Ebay you would find that virtually none of them members of either national club. I wonder how many Model A enthusiasts on this website alone are not members of either national group? I've sold a lot of Model As over the years to new collectors and even though you encourage people to join I am sure almost none of them have. In the old days (read: before computers) the only source of parts and information was through the national and regional clubs via listings in their publications and through personally connecting with other members. (Remember how we could not wait to tear the cover off The Restorer or Model A News to see what was for sale in the back? Remember when Hemmings really was the "Bible"?) Now, the information and parts sources are at everyone's fingertips, 24 hours a day. While I certainly feel that interest in Model As (as well as other prewar cars) is at an all time high, and will continue to grow, the amount of club members-in any of the cars clubs, not just the Model A clubs-will at best hold its own if not decline slightly. Personally, I would never give up my MARC/MAFCA (and other old car club) memberships but that is just me. Time will tell....
gz is offline   Reply With Quote