View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:59 AM   #784
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

this story follows number 776.

Dogs.

Following my story on Woofa my friend Sharon called to say “I know why I like you, it’s because you like dogs? And yes, I do like dogs. I miss Woofa terribly and did replace him with a kelpie I named Wags. I love kelpies, alert, smart, energetic and wanting to work. My house yard is a little smaller than one acre and this was simply too small for a kelpie. In fairness to Wags I gave him to a farmer and I miss him too. I envy farmers who get around their farm on their motor bikes or 4 wheelers with dogs riding on the back. My friend Gerry talks to his dog and says that is not a sign of madness but quite normal behaviour. Some have great personalities and unique behaviour, in the case of Woofa he was entertaining.

Some dog owners have paid considerable money to buy a “pure bred”. The world is full of these dogs and some of them are pretty dull. But a cross or mongrel is usually much brighter for example a popular dog - a labradoodle, a cross between a Labrador and poodle is smart. My neighbour, who, in his working life was a dairy farmer says the best dogs he ever had were mongrels given to him. Dogs he bought were never as good.

Dogs make good companions. They wag their tails and not their tongues. They greet you when you return home. I hear of a town worker who arrives home to his 5 dogs but only 1 greets him, a blue dog. His wife says when Blue hears the motor car at the front gate it beats up the other 4 which run to hiding leaving only Blue left to greet the master. Dogs also alert you when you have someone entering your yard and warn them they are under surveillance.

If a dog is troublesome it is generally the fault of the owner who hasn’t trained it or spent enough time with it. Some take their dogs shopping. Do dogs enjoy shopping? I wouldn’t have thought so. Some dogs have had their station elevated to equal or greater than their owners and deservedly so for some have a higher IQ.

Regardless of all this a dog will reward the owner in many ways if treated well. They are great company. Woofa was not permitted in the house nor in any motor car with the exception of the Model A and on the floor only. He considered riding in the A was his birthright. Do check out the link below and you will be astounded at the skill of a working dog during a display at half time at a footy match. One viewer comment is posted below

The Eagles game ought to be the halftime act for the dogs' show.

The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiR7oEVGd0

Woofa is pictured. Courage, loyalty and taunacity all found in one companion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woofa.JPG (42.3 KB, 5 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote