View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 11:53 AM   #46
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Greatest moment in a Model A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
There are actually two for me.

The first was when I bought my 1929 Standard Coupe in 1966. I had been after this car for two years when I first saw it (I was 14 at the time). I asked him several times if he wanted to sell it but I always got the same old answer a lot of us have heard before..."Nope...going to restore it one of these days" he would always tell me. Well, about once a month I would stop by and talk to him and look at that coupe. So one day in September 1966 I stoped by and I guess he was getting tired of me so he asked me if I still wanted to buy it. "Yes" I said. He said to me that I could have it on one condition and that I was to restore it and not turn it into a hotrod. Well I told him that is what I wanted to do so it was settled. I bought the coupe (he also threw in a 1929 Closed Cab Pickup) for $250.00. I couldn't get them home fast enough. They sat for about 10 years or so while I was in California but when I returned home in 1977 I restored the coupe. By 1980 it was finished. I called my friend for whom I had bought it from and told him that I had something that he might would like to see. When I drove up to his house with it and when he saw it, I will never ever forget the smile he had on his face...a grin from ear to ear! I took him for a ride and did he ever enjoy it.

The second was when I was in Chico, California in 1982. I was at a local car wash cleaning up the coupe when this little old lady came walking by. She was looking it over real good and asking all sorts of questions. She asked me if it had a rumble seat. I said yes and she wanted to look at it. She told me in these words "Young man, when I was young, that was the place to be on a date, oh the fun I had back there" as she was smiling. I said to her "I bet you really had some fun". She said "You bet I did" still smiling.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote