View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #58
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Rebuilt Flathead Problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonC View Post
The builder assembled the valve train and installed the guides and left out the guide retainers. Claimed they were press fit into the block and wouldn't move. He also said he wasn't sure how to get the crank and cam in time with each other. I had to explain that they had dots on them and all he had to do was bolt the cam gear to the cam (it only goes on one way with the bolt pattern it has) and align the dot on the cam with the one on the crank. Once I learned of these couple of things I questioned his ability to have done the work on this motor properly. I am not going to bash the guy in a public forum as I have heard good stuff about his Chevy small block and big block work, which he may be great at, but flatheads are not his forte. A lesson I learned too late. Plus he is not on here to defend himself. I would rather solve the issues I am now faced with and move forward...

So this expert in agent orange engines decides he can build a Flathead what a joke. Do yourself a big favor DO NOT run this engine until someone who knows exactly whats needed for a Flathead rebuild looks this engine over completely.
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote