View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #23
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor hood alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbasher View Post
I think your getting ahead of yourself. It would be a good idea to check the frame for level first. You can do this with a 2' straight edge from underneath. A bit of a challenge on the drivers side. Lay the edge along the top frame rail on each side and see where you are. The problem is usually in the rear engine mount area. It can be sagged in this area. The do a diagonal check on the frame to see if it's square. It will take two of you to do this.
If everything is square and level. then check the rad shroud for shape. Take a cardboard pattern off of the rear edge on one side and then flip it too the other side the shape should be equal. Cars are like houses, everything has to be square and level. I have another way of checking the frame with strings and plum bobs. But that's a different story. a little more involved. Let me know if you want to know how. JP
I will have the car up on my lift this weekend & I will try your suggestion. Thanks for the reply.