View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 PM   #11
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor hood alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicbox51 View Post
Some things to consider. You say you had the body off of the frame once before. Even though you had a shim under one radiator side, how did the hood fit before? What was the condition of the rubber pads under the front cowl mounts? I would really consider those questions before arbitrarily making new holes to relocate the radiator.

Someone told me this works, It is described as 30/31 but a shim might help. You could loosen the front cowl bolts and play with it. Playing with it sure beats modifications.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/cowl-shim-set

I am eager to hear how it goes. I currently have my body up and off the frame as I am putting down new frame welting. I will be re-aligning soon enough too. Mine is also a '29 Tudor.
I am embarrassed to say this, but I didn't thoroughly check out the car before I took it apart. And believe me I KNOW that it should be checked first. Brain fart! The car was in such good condition that it never dawned on me to check the frame etc. And to be honest I never intended to take the body off of the frame. At first I was hoping to do a quick paint job and send it down the road. One thing lead to another and before I knew it the body was at the sand blaster and things got crazy after that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011.04.28a (4).jpg (89.6 KB, 32 views)