View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #113
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there!!!

Milt K. had asked how was doing working on car, just waiting on a pair of gussets from Mac's (couple of weeks now!) so I can install new gas tank. Re-installed the head lights after Don cleaning up, fabricated parts and polishing the head light buckets. Also, Don got horns re-assembled and I installed and then removed until last as not to mess them up. I received the front bumper brackets and installed over weekend. Placed one of the newer used chrome bumpers on car that I purchased, looks good, will have to remove the bumper brackets now that I have them lining up correctly and paint (need bumper bolts. Also, I removed the steering column so I could clean it up and install a new upper bushing in column, (moves due to bad bushing). I am taking column down to Don Preston's home tomorrow and we will remove steering wheel, tube and look at problem. To get steering column off I had to remove the exhaust manifold, this was a JOB! I did as you know get manifold off, but had to cut the two front bolts heads off, got those two out last evening, really came out easy with small pipe wrench, the problem now is the one bolt that broke off in block in the rear, will have to find a small wire welder to weld washer to small piece of bolt that is still out of block (about a quarter inch) then a nut to washer so I can turn out. Also, last evening I am trying to make the passenger side rear bumper bracket match the drivers side bracket, it was bent, and the old bumper was bent to match. Getting closer but will continue today to correct, will have to heat up and put in press or vise, wiring needs completed after I get steering column fixed, battery box needs straighten up. Gas line installed, you name it I need to clean or correct!! thanks for asking and keep after me, Bruce in southern OHIO

Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote